Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Computer Cover





I made this in the same way as I made my diaper and wipe carrying case here.  I made this from a pillowcase that I had laying around and some leftover batting from the quilt that I made here.



I put the computer inside the pillowcase and cut the top off about an 1 1/2" from the edge of the computer.


Then I cut a side off about the same distance from the computer.

Using the rest of the pillowcase I cut a second piece of fabric and then used scraps of batting and sewed pieces right side together on three of the sides.  I did the same with the first piece.

I put the pieces aside and cut two new pieces that were the same width as the bigger pieces but about 5inches tall and sewed the right sides together on three of the sides and then turned it so it was outside out.  This is becoming the flap over the top.

I sewed the top to the pouch piece that didn't have the batting on it, with the right sides together.

With the right sides together of the two pouch pieces, place the piece without the batting inside the piece with the batting tucking the flap inside with it and sew around the top leaving a hole so you can turn it outside out.

Then turn it so the right sides are out and sew the hole close.
I also added a pocket on the front for the cord.



It's now safe and protected in its new home.  It didn't cost me a thing because I had the material already from other projects and it came from a pillowcase that is pretty cool.  I hope that my directions made sense if not just let me know and I will try to clarify anything.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pocket on the front. Thank you for linking up to More the Merrier Mondays.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!