Monday, October 24, 2011

IT'S DONE!! IT'S DONE!! IT'S DONE!!

So I have been teasing you guys all month with sneak peeks and I have been working hard the last couple of weeks to get it done (which explains why I was missing last week).  Now its finally done and I can't wait to show you guys.

First it started with these:



Then I teased you guys with these:







I used this pattern, now that I have it done I would do the blocks 4 across and 5 down.  The pattern how it is fits barely wide enough for a twin bed but is way too short for the length of the bed, I had to do some improvising.

Here is the top how the pattern is, I decided that I better lay it on my daughter's bed before I start working on the rest good thing I did!!  It was way too short.  So I added another thick border of the green on the top and the bottom of the quilt.


Here is the quilt after I have quilted everything.  I quilted around all of the purple squares, the big blue squares, and the green borders.

AND HERE IT IS COMPLETED!!!!!!








Sorry the colors are off I have had to work on this at night and during nap times.  So my pictures are done with bad lighting, and one of them was taken with the flash.



This is one of my favorite parts:

My own tag :)  

Well I finally got it done.  Now its hiding in my closet until Christmas.  I had to get it done now because I was running out of time with my daughter being home the whole week of Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas then who knows how often school will get cancelled because of snow (it happens more that I wish around here, then again I have lived almost my whole life in Eastern Washington and Southern Idaho).


But here it is again I'm so excited for her to open it!!!






Photobucket
Somewhat Simple HookingupwithHoH

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!