Thursday, January 5, 2012

Preserving the Harvest: Drying Pineapple






It is that time of year when pineapples are cheaper and really good to eat.  I thought that I would try drying one and see how it turned out.  Here is what I did:

First I cut off the top and bottom, then cut the skin off but very thin so I didn't lose a lot of the "meat" of the pineapple.

Then of cut off each side around the hard middle part of the pineapple, then cut those sides into small equal sized chunks.

 Then I started spreading them out on the trays.
One regular sized pineapple filled three trays. 


Then let them dry until your desired dryness.  I did ours for about 7 hours.  Enjoy, it is yummy.

2 comments:

  1. This looks good! I wouldn't have thought of drying pineapple!

    Thanks for your comment at Reading Confetti!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!