Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Getting Pen off of the Wall






Remember this post where I cleaned the stairs for the monthly cleaning goal?  Well about two days later my daughter decided that it was too clean for her and got a hold of a pen and drew lines up the right side of the stairs!!  Life with kids some times I know.  Anyways I had no desire to clean them again but I did some research to give some ideas of how to get it off.  I don't remember if I read it or just thought of it, since you use hairspray that has alcohol in it, why not use rubbing alcohol.  So this past week we have been working with our son on going to sleep on his own, so while I was upstairs waiting for him to go to sleep I tried it out.


    Here is one spot of the wall before. I used a cotton ball with a little bit of rubbing alcohol and it came off immediately!!!!!
AFTER!!!!  I was so excited that it actually worked.  I noticed that about halfway down the wall my fingers were getting a little white, and that I was pushing kind of hard but once I backed off I didn't have problems with paint at all.  I'm not sure how it would work on different colored paint but I'm glad that I was able to get it off so easily.


1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love when it works!! My daughter wrote on her white door with black permanent marker. I still haven't been able to get it off! Congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!