Friday, December 11, 2015

Believe Sign



I saw a sign here and I loved it so I thought I would try making it myself.  I haven't had too much success making stencils and wood signs but I did this one differently and it turned out great!



After painting my board with chalk paint and letting it dry.  I cut out my letters using vinyl, (after doing this and some more investigating I read that contact paper works great as well) then using the paint that I used as my base I painted the edges of the letters and let that dry to prevent the new color of paint from bleeding under the stencil.  I then painted my stencil.

Here it is after I removed the stencil. I decided it was a bit too white, so I watered down some brown paint and rubbed it onto my board.  I know there are many ways to make your board look older this is just what I did because it was what I had conveniently located.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!