Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Candy Cane Cookies



These are so much fun and didn't last long at my house.  Its really simple to do first make a batch of your favorite sugar cookie recipe I used this one here.  
When you get to the step where you put the dough in the fridge and chill it divide the dough in half.  I colored one of the batches red (I used gel food coloring).

I used a loaf pan and lined the pan with saran wrap.  Then broke off a chunk of dough flattened it then squished/flattened it against the side of the pan.  Then continued alternating colors until I was out of dough.


 I would pull up the saran wrap and use that to help flatten the dough and squish it together.  When I was done with that I chilled it in the fridge for the time the recipe called for.
 When the dough was ready I cut off a slice of the dough block and then cut out my candy cane.
 There was room in the leftovers of the slice to make candy sticks as well.

 Bake as directed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!