Monday, May 28, 2012

Toenail Flowers

I used to get pedicures all the time, then I went away to college, got married and had kids.  I can't even tell you the last time that I one.  Something that I miss about them is getting the flower on your big toenail.  I'm not sure why I didn't think of it until recently but I decided that I could do it myself.  I have to warn you I'm sorry about the quality of the pictures I took these at night and the lighting in my house is awful.  Here is my way of doing toenail flowers.


After you have painted your nails your favorite color of nail polish and let them dry.

I used a sharpened pencil and dabbed it into acrylic paint.  Then I used a nail to spread the paint into a petal.  I don't have any paint brushes small enough so this is my makeshift.

I continue until I have a flower.  Then after cleaning the paint off of the pencil and the nail.

 I add a dot for the center.


I do the leaves in the same way that I do the petals then I let it dry.

It's not as nice as when someone else does it but it makes me smile when I look down and see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!