Friday, April 29, 2011

Homemade Chicken Nuggets






I made some homemade chicken nuggets the other night.  My husband loved them and ate quite a few of them.

I started out with thawed chicken and cut them into strips that were about 3-4 inches long.  I also beat an egg in a small bowl so I could dip the chicken into it later.

In a small bowl I poured about a cup and half of unseasoned bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, and season salt (to taste). Mix together.  Then dip the chicken piece into the egg then into the bread crumb mixture and placed on a cookie sheet.  (I wrapped the cookie sheet in aluminum foil first to cut down on cleaning time.) Continue until all of the chicken is covered in the bread crumb mixture. Then placed them into a preheated oven at 350 degrees, and I let them cook for 20-25 minutes and checked to see if they were white completely through.  If not add a few minutes at a time and continue checking until thoroughly cooked.

Iron Violet Designs


#ff63e0




1 comment:

  1. Hey Chelsea this sounds super yummy. I love making my own food any time I can, as opposed to buying premade. Homemade chicken strips are so much tastier, and of course healthier. YAY!!

    Thanks so much for your comment on my Quick Dinner Rolls too. Homemade bread is the BEST!!!

    Also I noticed you were a NO REPLY BLOGGER HELP , and when I tried responding to your comment, I couldn't. While most people simply won't reply, I really wanted to check out your blog, and I'm glad I did, you are awesome. So make sure to go fix that problem, so that you don't miss out on a huge part of blogging. People love comments, but it sucks when you can't respond to them :( Hope you fix this soon :)
    Hugs, Bella
    **AMAZE ME AUGUST** @ Bella Before and After Any projects, recipes, diy welcome.
    **PARTY PLANNING TUESDAYS** @ Euro Style Cakes. All your party planning tips, decorations, invitations, and recipes welcome at my NEW party.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!