Friday, December 2, 2011

Hot Chocolate Snowmen






I'm so excited to share these with you guys!!  I haven't seen anything like this out here on blogland.  They came out just how I pictured them in my mind.  These were tons of fun to make and easy.

I started with two baby food containers that were 2nd food size and one that was the 1st food size.

I painted the big ones white and the small one black.  I gave them each two coats allowing it to dry completely in between.



Then I painted a face and some buttons.


The containers were then filled with goodies.  I then hot glued the containers together.

The best part was I only had to go buy mini marshmallows, and mini candy canes.  I had everything else so out of pocket expense was about $3 and that will be able to make tons of them to giveaway.
Somewhat Simple
br />
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love frugal crafts like this. Such a great idea. I hope you will join me at Bacon Time for our weekly linky party, Fri-monday come strut your stuff. My youngest doesn't eat much baby food anymore, but I think I have a some dollar store mini containers I could try this on.


    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute idea. too bad i dont have babies anymore. I'll have to figure out some other containers to use

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Chelsea! Re using materials is always in style ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee hee hee! Those are so cute!!! I love them and they are so festive! I'd love for you to share this with my readers for our Fun Stuff Fridays linky party. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! It is such a great quick gift. I love those baby food containers.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!