We try to be healthy, but I'm not hard core health people. I'm trying to cut some oil out of our food. I substitute applesauce for oil in making cakes, waffles and pancakes. My daughter asked me if we could make chocolate chip cookies a couple of days ago, and a thought came to me I bet that there is a recipe out there for Chocolate chip cookies with applesauce. So I googled it and found this recipe:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
PreparationPreheat oven to 375°.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
Spoon applesauce into a fine sieve over a bowl; let stand 15 minutes. Discard liquid. Scrape drained applesauce into a large bowl. Add sugar and butter; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in vanilla and egg. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until well-blended. Fold in chips.
Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
- 78 (33% from fat)
- Fat: 2.9g (sat 1.7g,mono 0.9g,poly 0.2g)
- Protein: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 12.8g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 87mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- I was even more excited to have the nutritional facts come with it, same with my husband. I followed the recipe exactly, with help from my daughter. I have to say they are very soft, and very yummy. I'm going to have to make some more really soon. Enjoy!!!
I'm linking up to these parties:
Lil' Luna Link Party