I am beyond super excited how this turned out!!! I found this fabric on clearance at Joann's and fell in love with it, so I bought the rest of the bolt it ended up being about 2 1/2 yds, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but I knew that I would think of something, this is what I thought of!!
Our first child was a daughter and EVERYTHING that she had when she was a baby was either pink or purple. It was all gifts, so I'm VERY VERY grateful for it don't get me wrong. But when we found out that this baby is a boy, I was kind of in a spot of now I need everything for a boy and nothing we have is neutral. I have been looking at bedding for the crib online and have been shocked how much stuff is. That is when I decided that I can make a cover for the bumper that we already have, using the pink bumper as my guide I made what I think is a pretty cool cover.
I was able to cut on the fold and get twice as much length out of the fabric then before and it was the perfect width.
Everything was made into tubes, the actually cover was easy to flip with the right side out. The ties were a little harder, but I have found that using a pencil helps it out a lot.
Again using the bumper as a model I measure the distance between ties and sewed them the same distance apart on the cover.