Friday, September 16, 2011

Easy Homemade Lasagna


It is starting to turn a bit cooler and you feel like you can actually turn on the oven and not roast yourself out of the house.  Why not make some lasagna? Here is how I make mine.


Start out with getting your lasagna noodle cooking according to the directions on the box.  While the noodles are cooking:

I combine 1 egg, a carton of ricotta cheese, about a teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 tablespoon of italian seasoning, a half of a cup of shredded mozzarella and some Parmesan cheese together in a bowl.

I then brown either a pound of ground beef or a pound of italian sausage or any combination of that, after draining the meat I put spaghetti sauce in the pan and warm it up a little bit. 

After draining the noodles, I put everything in one spot to assemble everything together.  My family is still relatively small so I put it in a 8x8 pan.  Beginning with a layer of sauce on the bottom, I then use tongs to grab the noodles (because they are still burning hot at this point) and lay them across the sauce.  Then I put a layer of the cheese mixture on the noodles, again add a layer of noodles on the cheese mixture and continue the process again with sauce and cheese.
I always make the last layer the sauce then I sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and cover with aluminum foil.  I then put the pan on a cookie sheet to catch anything that my bubble over and put the pan in a preheated oven at 375degrees.  Cook for 35min and remove the foil and continue cooking until the cheese is bubbly.   Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!