Thursday, February 24, 2011

Music Cupcakes

Last month it was Mozart's birthday. I'm not usually one to celebrate everyone's birthday but I was craving some sugar so this was an excellent excuse. My husband came up with the idea of putting music notation on them. We had a blast putting them together.


I used a basic recipe for butter cream frosting. To make the frosting true black I separated the frosting into two parts leaving one of them white. The second part I mixed in some powdered cocoa to make it brown and not to mention it tasted chocolaty as well. Double bonus!! :) After I made sure that the powder was mixed in really well I used some black food coloring and it didn't take very much coloring at all to get it black.


2 comments:

  1. Aww so cute! Love it!

    Also, I have a great Dove chocolate giveaway going on right now and would love if stopped by and entered: http://eyespydiy.blogspot.com/2011/02/dove-chocolate-discoveries-giveaway.html

    ~Katie @ Eye Spy DIY

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I am a piano teacher, and I often bring treats for my students (Valentine's Day etc) but I didn't think of celebrating composer's birthdays. Neat idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!