Monday, February 21, 2011

Service Sign


I was blessed to grow up in a home that taught me a lot serving and how important it is in our lives. I remember that the cookies always tasted better after we took some of them to a friend or neighbor. My dad would wake us kids up early on a Saturday morning to go do a service project, as a teenager I wasn't happy at first about it but was always glad that I did it in the end. As my family is growing I am hoping that I can provide the same learning opportunities in my home about how important serving others are in our lives.

There is a children's magazine that is produced by my church (LDS) that my daughter gets every month and wears it out by looking at it so much. In this month's issue there is an article in the front of it that talks about serving I got this statement from it and just had to turn it into something that we had hanging in our home.



I found the wood at Hobby Lobby for about $3. I painted it black and after it dried I sanded it down a little bit on the edges. I then cut out some vinyl, this is the first project that I have cut out my own vinyl off of my Cricut it was a huge learning experience. I learned that not only changing the pressure but also the blade depth for whatever material you are working with helps out a lot!!!


After I got the vinyl on I decided to put a thin coat of mod podge on it. With other projects with mod podge as it is drying it sticks to the paper that I used to protect my work surface, it happened again with this one, luckily it stuck on the back so no one can see it but when I did the layer of mod podge on the back I decided to try wax paper as a dry surface and it worked great!! I'm going to try it again on the next project and see if it works just as well.

1 comment:

  1. Well yes and Amen! Love your sign! Great reminder! Lots of hugs and blessings! DE

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!