Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Music Covered Vase

 In case you didn't see my remote crate from Monday it is here.  I need something to go on the other side of the cabinet from it and I wanted some color so this is what I came up with.

I had paper flowers that I made a couple of years ago for entirely different project that is going to happen now since we are moving in the next few months.  The directions that I used are here.  I painted them red, the painting was probably the most time consuming part of the entire project.  Then I glue the flowers onto wood skewers that I painted green.



Onto to making the vase.  I used a cardboard box that I had laying around the house and cut four matching pieces.


Then using packing tape I taped them into a square.


I also taped a bottom onto it.

My son loved this part I Mod Podge'd chunks of sheet music onto the vase I had made.  He stuck the pieces on for me.

When it dried completely I added the flowers and some moss on top.

Here it is all completed.  I'm trying to decide if I'm going to put some fabric underneath everything or not.




More the Merrier Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!