In case you didn't see my remote crate from Monday it is here. I need something to go on the other side of the cabinet from it and I wanted some color so this is what I came up with.
I had paper flowers that I made a couple of years ago for entirely different project that is going to happen now since we are moving in the next few months. The directions that I used are here. I painted them red, the painting was probably the most time consuming part of the entire project. Then I glue the flowers onto wood skewers that I painted green.
Onto to making the vase. I used a cardboard box that I had laying around the house and cut four matching pieces.
Then using packing tape I taped them into a square.
I also taped a bottom onto it.
My son loved this part I Mod Podge'd chunks of sheet music onto the vase I had made. He stuck the pieces on for me.
When it dried completely I added the flowers and some moss on top.
Here it is all completed. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to put some fabric underneath everything or not.