Monday, August 29, 2011

Preserving the harvest: Freezing Corn

First of all, SORRY for not put anything up last week.  I don't know what happened but it just wasn't flowing or something.  It was a busy week.  We have been canning and freezing all week.  I thought that I would share with you what we did throughout this last week.






The first thing we did was freeze some corn that a friend gave us from her garden.  It was great because I was able to have my daughter help me out a lot of this one.   She helped shuck the corn and handed me ears to put in the water.  



After shucking the corn I actually just cooked it for 5 minutes in boiling water and then pulled them out and let them cool.


After they cooled enough so I could touch the cob I cut the kernels off and put it in a bag.  My wonderful daughter labeled the bags for me.

With 8 ears of corn we were able to fill two quart size bags for the freezer.  It was a great little activity to break up the day for us and to have corn to enjoy later.










HookingupwithHoH Somewhat Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!