Thursday, July 21, 2011

Swiffer Mop Reuseable Pad






 So my swiffer mop that we bought when we got married 5 years ago broke in half a couple of months ago.  I was in denial for awhile and tried duct taping it together and finally I had to cave and throw it out and get a new one.  The previous pads that I had made don't fit the new design so I received that opportunity to make new ones and they look way better then my original ones.  I used an old towel that I didn't use anymore.


 First I wrapped the towel around the mop to see how much I needed allowing a little extra for a seam allowance.


I also cut a semi circle out of the middle to allow it to lay flat on the top of the mop.
 I also cut out holes where the spray nozzles are.

I then found some scrap fabric to create a binding for the sides and every place that I cut so the towel wouldn't fray more and more every time I wash it.


The little holes for the sprayer aren't the most pretty for the binding but I was okay with that.





This is what it ended up looking like after I put the binding on.


Bring the ends together I sewed one side of it together to create a wrap and then I flipped it outside out.


On the other side I put velcro on it so I could easy get the pad on and off of the mop.

The finished product!!!

HookingupwithHoH



Somewhat Simple




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is awesome! :) I'm here from the Sassy Sites linky party... I'm a new follower, and I would love for you to check out my blog too! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! Your blog is full of great ideas! Your new Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very ingenious. I usually just use a washcloth and shove the corners into those little holes. Doesn't stay on well though.....looks like you don't have to fight with yours ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!