So my swiffer mop that we bought when we got married 5 years ago broke in half a couple of months ago. I was in denial for awhile and tried duct taping it together and finally I had to cave and throw it out and get a new one. The previous pads that I had made don't fit the new design so I received that opportunity to make new ones and they look way better then my original ones. I used an old towel that I didn't use anymore.
First I wrapped the towel around the mop to see how much I needed allowing a little extra for a seam allowance.
I also cut a semi circle out of the middle to allow it to lay flat on the top of the mop.
I then found some scrap fabric to create a binding for the sides and every place that I cut so the towel wouldn't fray more and more every time I wash it.
The little holes for the sprayer aren't the most pretty for the binding but I was okay with that.
This is what it ended up looking like after I put the binding on.
Bring the ends together I sewed one side of it together to create a wrap and then I flipped it outside out.
On the other side I put velcro on it so I could easy get the pad on and off of the mop.