Thursday, July 21, 2011

Swiffer Mop Reuseable Pad






 So my swiffer mop that we bought when we got married 5 years ago broke in half a couple of months ago.  I was in denial for awhile and tried duct taping it together and finally I had to cave and throw it out and get a new one.  The previous pads that I had made don't fit the new design so I received that opportunity to make new ones and they look way better then my original ones.  I used an old towel that I didn't use anymore.


 First I wrapped the towel around the mop to see how much I needed allowing a little extra for a seam allowance.


I also cut a semi circle out of the middle to allow it to lay flat on the top of the mop.
 I also cut out holes where the spray nozzles are.

I then found some scrap fabric to create a binding for the sides and every place that I cut so the towel wouldn't fray more and more every time I wash it.


The little holes for the sprayer aren't the most pretty for the binding but I was okay with that.





This is what it ended up looking like after I put the binding on.


Bring the ends together I sewed one side of it together to create a wrap and then I flipped it outside out.


On the other side I put velcro on it so I could easy get the pad on and off of the mop.

The finished product!!!

HookingupwithHoH



Somewhat Simple




Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is awesome! :) I'm here from the Sassy Sites linky party... I'm a new follower, and I would love for you to check out my blog too! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I’m following your blog and wanted to invite you to my blog hop. Come add your blog when you get a chance if you haven’t already. Hope you are having a Sweet Week.

    A Mommy’s Blog Design Studio
    Join us every Friday for our Blog Hop!

    Review and Giveaway Blog Directory
    If you feature Reviews and Giveaways come add your blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job! Your blog is full of great ideas! Your new Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very ingenious. I usually just use a washcloth and shove the corners into those little holes. Doesn't stay on well though.....looks like you don't have to fight with yours ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!