Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cream Cheese Chicken



This is one of my comfort foods.  We had this often when I was growing up and now when I want something simple and warm to eat this recipe is at the top of my list. Note: The pictures don't show the same amount at the recipe calls for because when I made it this time it was just for me, my husband is on a diet right now as he is training for a half marathon and my daughter doesn't like this.





In your crockpot add a stick of butter, 4-6 chicken breasts (if frozen allow more time) and a ranch dressing seasoning packet.  Cover and turn on high for 4-6 hours.

About a half hour before you want to eat shred your chicken.

Add a package of cream cheese and a family can size of cream of chicken soup.  Cover and allow to soften for a half hour.

 
Then stir together when the cream cheese has soften.

Serve over any kind of noodle, usually it is whatever I have on hand and need to use up.  Enjoy



Cream Cheese Chicken

1 stick butter
4-6 chicken breasts
1 Italian/Ranch seasoning packet
1 can family size cream of chicken soup
1 package of cream cheese
Noodles
 
In a crockpot combine butter, chicken, and seasoning packet.  Cover and turn on high.  Cook 4-6 hours until chicken shreds easily.  Then add cream cheese and soup again cover for about 30 minutes.  Stir everything together and serve over noodles.




Somewhat Simple

4 comments:

  1. Haha!! Your recipe is different than mine--wonder how that happened? I will have to try yours--it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since your daughter doesn't like it, make enough for me too?! Looks YUMMMMMMY!

    Visiting from Craft-O-Maniac MONDAY link PARTY and thanks for sharing:D
    Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. before I looked at your blog I was mentally preparing dinner tonight...chicken in a crock pot b/c we are running all over the place...i was thinking of every recipe I know that could use cream cheese...haha just so remarkable to me that I found this recipe! I don't have ranch packet though..wondering what I can substitute?
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably add some garlic powder, Italian seasoning and a little salt to it if I didn't have any packets. Good luck!

      Delete

I love to hear from you please leave a comment!!